Thursday, January 1, 2009

How will the next 1001 days look?

1001 days from now, many things will have happened I will have graduated from college, I will have taken a year off (probably, though I need to decide whether I'm actually doing this by the end of the summer), and I will have entered a graduate school. I won't be living at home anymore. I will be on my own financially and preparing for my professional life. The ensuing 1001 days will mark my last major transition from childhood to adulthood.

What I mean to imply is that this period of transition for me will be tumultuous at best and terrifying at worst. My whole life will be changing and there's no turning back. I hope that by working towards the goals in this list, I can manage to make the best of this time and enjoy it.

Now, some of my major "learning" goals may take some real work. And some of my goals will be put on hold until a particular time. Grad school applications, for instance, will probably not take place until the summer of 2010. But that's okay. Because if every item on this list doesn't get checked off in 1001 days, it's not the end of the world. I've got my whole life ahead of me! And that's something to celebrate:)

And now, I'll end this with an inspirational quote:

"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach." --Benjamin Mays

No comments:

Post a Comment